Never mind. Here is a recipe that will improve your psychic powers. No really. Do it.
Makes: 5 servings
Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Active Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Watercress Salad with Sesame-Garlic Dressing
from Eating Well
- 4 large eggs
- 4 cups trimmed watercress or arugula (about 4 ounces)
- 2 cups torn radicchio (1-inch pieces)
- 1 small avocado, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced spring onions or scallions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh jalapeño
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 Avocado
- To hard-boil eggs, place in a small saucepan and cover with 1 inch of water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with ice-cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling. Cut into quarters.
- Combine watercress (or arugula), radicchio, avocado, radishes and onions (or scallions) in a salad bowl. Add the eggs. Combine lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar, jalapeño, garlic and oil in a jar; cover and shake to combine. Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss to combine. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds, if desired.